A few weeks ago, I began noticing some ironies while starting summer training and planning a schedule.
- The days are longer, yet you have to go to bed earlier (when it's still light out!).
- More weekend BBQs and get-togethers, yet you want to skip alcohol the night before a long run (usually a Sat or Sun).
- Lots of good summer TV and movies, yet you have to ..... (see #1).
- Takes less time to dress for summer running, so you can sleep in an extra 15 minutes, right? Nope. You have to get up and out earlier to beat the heat (which leads to #1).
- Fewer clothes to wear for summer running, yet extra water bottles to carry.
Can you add any to the list? I'm sure I'm missing bunches.
Happy running, friends....
Own your journey. One run at a time.™