Okay, friends.. it's that time!
If you signed up to participate in the 2010 Pay it Forward 500 Mile Challenge last year, and you were listed [here], it's time to
- Tally Our Miles
- Send our $$ to our designated organizations
- Celebrate our accomplishments
You might recall, the Challenge was to run/walk/bike/swim/crawl(!) 500+ miles, and get sponsored (or sponsor ourselves) for 10 cents/per mile. Then donate collected monies to your organization of choice.
I was running for Second Harvest Food Bank/Orlando, and set my original goal at 750 miles, but when injury and illness began to creep up repeatedly, I knew my goal needed to be modified.
I believe several people have similar stories, including babies, family issues, motivation meltdowns, and who knows what else. But guess what? If we got off the couch, out the door, and down the street in 2010, then we were successful. :) How's that for positive reinforcement??
So how'd you do? Whether you reached your goal (original or modified) or not, I'd love to hear from you.
After modifying my original goal of 750 miles down to 500 miles, I ended up finishing the year at 415 miles, 85 short of my revised goal, but 90 more than 2009.
Glass half-full, baby! I raised $41.50 for Second Harvest and received donations from friends and coworkers for a total of $75.00. Not a lot, but every little bit helps, right? And I helped raise *awareness* about hunger and an outstanding organization in our community.
Win-Win in my book.
- if you were signed up for the Pay it Forward 500 Mile Challenge AND
- your name appears on the PiF 500 page (see LINK) AND
- you're collecting $$ and donating to your organization to close out 2010...
- send me the details!
Send them here: TRTL.RNR@gmail.com by Wed, Jan 5th, and I'll put together a post for next week. *There's a little 'thank you' involved, too. :)
- your name
- your blog name
- your e-mail (just in case I don't have it)
- your original/modified goal and your actual miles
- your designated organization
- anything you'd like to share: challenges, triumphs, a-ha moments
- your actual donation amount if more than your .10/mile.
Please write "PIF 500" in the subject line to help me track your messages.
(My inbox is c-r-a-z-y)
Happy running, friends....